KFC Australia Supports Contactless Services as Response to COVID-19

KFC Australia Supports Contactless Services as Response to COVID-19

PERTH, Western Australia – KFC Australia has announced that it is supporting its customers to use multiple contactless ordering options in light of the coronavirus pandemic.

Graham Maxwell issued a statement earlier this week.

Business News Australia reported that the chief executive officer and managing director of Collins Foods Limited, which is the operator of KFC Australia, emphasized the company’s priorities.

Maxwell cited that the well-being and health of the consumers and workers of his firm are their top priorities, especially in this uncertain and challenging period.

Hence, he pointed out that they believe that the latest decisions they made are a bold maneuver.

Furthermore, Maxwell said that the new steps they are taking are significantly in the interest of the KFC brand and the well-being of the public.

Maxwell’s statement comes as KFC Australia urges customers to use multiple contactless purchasing methods when ordering food in its branches.

Among these options are using its application and delivery providers like Deliveroo and Menulog.

Working with these service providers enable the customers of the fast-food chain to have the choice of contact-free food delivery.

Moreover, as KFC Australia encourages customers to prepay via the KFC application and to use the contactless payment systems, the fast-food company also favors their diners not to use cash.

According to Australian news outlet PerthNow, all over Australia, the fast-food restaurant is closing its dining rooms temporarily in a bid to stem the spread of the fatal coronavirus.

Nikki Lawson remarked that they are taking this step in firm support of social distancing.

The latter pertains to the practice of staying away from other individuals who may be sick with the ailment, also known as COVID-19, or exhibit susceptibility to it.

Lawson confirmed the few changes they are taking, which they believe will halt the spread of the deadly disease.

Furthermore, the KFC Australia chief executive officer said that starting Wednesday, March 18, customers can use only three services: delivery, takeaway, and drive-thru.

These food ordering methods account for roughly 80 percent of the fast-food chain’s sales.

A representative from KFC Australia relayed that its food court locales that are unable to police the utilization of dining areas in shopping malls would be packing orders as takeaways.

Also, Lawson mentioned that her company would ramp up cleaning protocols. She shared that they are giving their staff specialized training about the coronavirus pandemic.

Plus, the fast-food business revealed that it would heighten taking safety and health measures.

These activities consist of directing staff to wash their hands often and to use hand sanitizers after every sale that involves cash payment.

Based on the report by Australian media firm Pedestrian TV, the new measures that KFC Australia has decided to take will affect over 650 restaurants all over Australia.

The management of the fast-food service provider anticipates their latest steps to limit the hazard that may impact sales while reinforcing the position of the fast-food business as a globally trusted brand.

At the time of writing, sales have been in line with the expectations of the food service provider.

Leave a Comment